Most everyone I know has told me they are overwhelmed with too much to do at one time or another. The reasons are varied and there is no “one size fits all” solution. However, what I’ve observed over the years is much of the problem has to do with the daily habits we practice. That being said, I know for a fact taking small steps over time to form more productive work habits is a very effective method for reducing overwhelm.
My tip this week is a simple action you can take to get focused and is another favorite among my clients.
Schedule Your Top 3 Tasks Each Day
- Scheduling your tasks gets them out of your head and on paper, which increases your chances of completing them.
- Working on just a few tasks at a time allows you to focus on what’s in front of you, instead of what’s not getting done.
- Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time and notice your accuracy with regard to task length so you can make necessary adjustments in the future.
- Try this tip for a few weeks and let me know how it works for you.
- Be sure to share it with your friends and business associates as well.